Another dessert post! I promise I do more than just baking in my life. Okay, that may be a lie. I promise I’m not an untruthful person, and I promise that one of these days I will do something other than a baking post. That’s just not today…or this week. But I will do it! I promise. Cross my heart. And the moment I do, I may even blurt out an “I told you so.”
Today, I bring to you a citrus post. You guys asked for it. Just beware that these are by far the best Lemon Bars I have ever had. Apparently the Food Network knows their stuff. Who would have thunk? The last few days I have been craving something citrusy and these were perfect and so addicting too. Be sure to have lots of friends or family around to help eat these or you may just eat the whole pan and gain 1,000 pounds!!! It may be worth it. I’ve definitely considered it, and I’m sure that the family that have tried it, has considered it too.
I also thought I’d share the story behind the giant foil box down below. A couple years ago, I had sent my husband to the grocery store to get some much needed foil. I begged and pleaded that he go get some.(It may have been more of a demand, but for the sake of the story we’ll stick to begging and pleading.) He was very reluctant, and definitely not happy that I’d send him to this foreign land for some foil. When he returns, he returns with a giant grin and this massive box of foil.
Moral of this story, send your husband to buy some foil, and this is what he will come back with. He probably was thinking, “She’ll never send me to get foil ever again.” And he’s absolutely right. I won’t ever need foil again because I will never run out of foil ever again. Now to find a place to store this giant box.
Lemon Bars Crust
Source: The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook
Yields: 25– 2″ x 2″ squares with a couple 1″ x 2″
|butter, room temperature||2 sticks (1 cup)|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wrap your 13″ x 18“baking sheet in foil. You don’t necessarily need to use the foil. You could just spray the pan down pretty good. I like to use the foil because it helps with the clean up and it’s easier to get the bars out of the pan.
- Spray the baking sheet with a nonstick spray.
- With the paddle attachment cream the butter and the sugar together for about 2 minutes.
- Add the flour and salt and mix on low speed till it forms a dough.
- Pour the crust onto the baking sheet, making sure all corners have dough.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the crust is a light golden brown.
|eggs, room temperature||6|
|lemon zest, about 4 lemons||2 tbsp|
|lemon juice, freshly squeezed about 6 to 8 lemons||1 cup|
|confectioner’s sugar||for dusting|
- While your crust is baking, whisk your eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour together.
- Pour the filling mixture over the baked crust. This might be easier to do while the pan is still in the oven. It’s very hard to walk the baking sheet to the oven without spilling the filling. Trust me, I know from experience.
- Let bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until the filling is set and does not jiggle.
- Let cool. What’s awesome about this is if you look close enough, it looks like a cat walked across my lemon bars. Some of you might be thinking, “What’s so awesome about a cat walking across your lemon bars?” It’s kitty paws!! They are adorable.
- Cut, dust with confectioner’s sugar, and enjoy. Side not for the dusting: Be careful not to put too much confectioner’s sugar on the lemon bars, you don’t want your guests to choke on them. haha. Something I have also learned from experience.
- CraftOManiac Monday hosted by CraftOManiac
- What’s Shakin’ hosted by Shaken Together
- Tasty Tuesday hosted by Nap Time Creations
- Pin It and Win It Wednesday hosted by Cheap Crafty Mama
- It’s Party Time hosted by It’s So Very Cheri
- Nifty Thrifty Sunday hosted by Nifty Thrifty Things
- Savory Sunday hosted by The Sweet Details
- Scrumptious Sunday hosted by Addicted to Recipes
- Simple & Sweet Sunday hosted by Cups By Kim
- Southern Sundays hosted by Slice of Southern
- Weekend Bloggy Reading hosted by Serenity Now
- Made By You Monday hosted by Skip to My Lou
- Market Yourself Monday hosted by Sumo’s Sweet Stuff
- Mealtime Monday hosted by Couponing and Cooking
- Mingle Monday hosted by Add a Pinch
- Mix It Up Monday hosted by Flour Me With Love
- Mop It Up Mondays hosted by I Should Be Mopping The Floor
- Recipe Sharing Monday hosted by Jam Hands
- Get Your Craft On hosted by Ideas for Crafting
- Handmade Tuesdays hosted by Ladybug Blessings
- Show Me How hosted by It’s A Party
- Tempt My Tummy hosted by Blessed With Grace
- Totally Tasty Tuesdays hosted by Mandy’s Recipe Box
- Trick or Treat Tuesday hosted by Inside BruCrew Life
- Tuesday Confessional hosted by Confessions of a Stay at Home Mommy
- Tuesday To Do hosted by The Blackberry Vine
- Cast Party Wednesday hosted by Lady Behind the Curtain
- Mrs Fox’s Sweets Party hosted by Mrs Fox’s Sweets
- Show and Share hosted by Southern Lovely
- Wednesday Whatsits hosted by White Light On Wednesday
- What’s Cooking Wednesdays hosted by The King’s Court IV
- Whimsy Wednesdays hosted by The NY Melrose Family
- Creative Thursday hosted by Michelle’s Tasty Creations
- Live, Laugh, Linky hosted by Live Laugh Rowe
- Sweet Temptations hosted by Talking Dollars and Cents
- Sweet Treats hosted by Something Swanky
- Taking A Timeout Thursday hosted by Mom On Timeout
- Tastetastic Thursday hosted by A Little Nosh
- Thriving on Thursdays hosted by Domesblissity
- Recipe Round Up hosted by The REAL Housewives of Riverton
- TGIF hosted by Living Life Intentionally
- I’m Lovin It hosted by Tidy Mom
- Friday Favorites hosted by Simply Sweet Home
- Sweet Tooth Friday hosted by Alil ‘n Sons
- Anything Goes hosted by Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
- Foooodie Friday hosted by Not Your Ordinary Recipe
- Dwell On Friday hosted by Dwell On Joy
- Link & Greet hosted by Country Momma Cooks
- Seasonal Inspiration hosted by Crumbs and Chaos
- Strut Your Stuff Saturday hosted by Six Sisters’ Stuff
- Sweets for Saturday hosted by Sweet As Sugar Cookies
- YOU Inspire hosted by Polkadot Pretties
- Sweet Saturdays hosted by My Happy Place