fat-ruby-253-e1314259071171

Ahhh Reese’s, my absolute favorite candy, my kryp­tonite: I dub thee wor­thy of my sec­ond post. Who doesn’t love a good choco­late peanut but­ter cup cup­cake? Haha, “cup cup­cake”. With the sweet deca­dent choco­late and that intensely rich peanut but­ter cream cheese frost­ing. I promise, you won’t be able to stop at one (my hus­band had three). Be sure to eat these with a tall glass of milk! You won’t regret it.

The choco­late cup­cake recipe was inspired by a few of my favorites. There is a lit­tle sur­prise in this recipe. Are you ready for it? No? Ok, I can wait.… COFFEE! While in school I once heard that cof­fee will really bring out the choco­late fla­vor, and I dare­say they were right!

Now for the peanut but­ter frost­ing, I’d love to take all the credit, but that would be unfair. I had never made a peanut but­ter frost­ing before so I had to look it up on this lovely site called foodgawker. I found this recipe from a blog called Glo­ri­ous Treats. The cre­ator Glory is so unbe­liev­ably tal­ented with cup­cakes. I prob­a­bly drooled over her blog for a good hour..

Choco­late Peanut But­ter Cup Cupcakes

Yield: 24 cupcakes

Choco­late Cupcakes

Vol­ume
all-purpose flour 1¼ cups
sugar 1½ cups
cocoa pow­der ¾ cup
bak­ing soda ½ tbsp
bak­ing powder 1 tsp
salt 1 tsp
eggs 3
but­ter­milk ¾ cup
veg­etable or canola oil ¼ cup
strong cof­fee ¾ cup
vanilla ½ tbsp

Instruc­tions

1. Pre­heat oven to 350°F/175°C
  2. In a bowl sift all the dry ingre­di­ents together: flour, sugar,cocoa pow­der, bak­ing soda, bak­ing pow­der, and the salt.
  3. In another bowl whisk together all the liq­uid ingre­di­ents: eggs, but­ter­milk, oil, cof­fee, and vanilla.
  4. Using a mixer with the pad­dle attach­ment, put all of the sifted dry ingre­di­ents in the mixer bowl and add the liq­uid mix­ture to it. Mix on medium speed for 30 sec­onds. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix for another 30 sec­onds on medium high. The bat­ter will be very wet.
  5. Fill the muf­fin tin with papers and then ¾ full with the batter.
  6. Bake for 15– 20 min­utes, or until a tooth­pick has been inserted into the cen­ter of one and comes out with a dry crumb on it.
  7. Let cool for a min­i­mum of 20 min­utes before frosting.

Peanut But­ter Cream Cheese Frosting

Ingre­di­ents

Vol­ume
but­ter, softened ½ cup (one stick)
smooth peanut butter 1 cup
cream cheese, softened 1 cup
pow­dered sugar 4 cups
heavy cream or milk 1 tbsp

Instruc­tions

1. In a mixer with the pad­dle attach­ment, beat the but­ter till smooth
  2. Add the soft­ened cream cheese and beat
  3. Scrape the sides of the bowl
  4. Add the peanut but­ter and beat until fully incorporated
  5. Scrape
  6. Add in the pow­dered sugar until the frost­ing looks smooth
  7. Add in the cream or milk for 30 sec­onds on medium speed
  8. Frost cup­cakes

And Gar­nish with Reeses!!!

You can do it this way, this way, or even this way.

Fea­tured In

Posted To

Comments

1. OMG these look absolutely fab­u­lous! I also have a weak­ness for any­thing peanut but­ter & choco­late, espe­cially Reese’s. I have to make these soon. Thanks for shar­ing the recipe! =)

— Angela R

2. YUMMY. Love these cup­cakes. Reese’s are the best candy. Ever. :)

Dorothy @ Crazy for Crust

• Thank you! And they really are the best. You can never go wrong with them.

Danielle

3. yummy andi thewednesdaybaker

andi

4. Oh my good­ness, these look heav­enly! I have been want­ing to try choco­late and peanut but­ter cup­cakes and these are them! Thanks so much for link­ing up to Cre­ative Thurs­day this week. I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a won­der­ful weekend.

Michelle

Michelle

• Thank you so much! These really are heav­enly and you will not be disappointed. :)

Danielle

5. These look amaz­ing and I can’t wait to try the recipe. Thanks for shar­ing them at Talk­ing Dol­lars and Cents.

Alexandra

• Thank you! I hope you have a won­der­ful weekend!

Danielle

6. Oh my…nothing wrong with hav­ing these for breakfast…right?!?!?!
    New follower!

Kristy

• Break­fast– n. an excuse to have dessert in the morning.

Yeup. I’d def­i­nitely say there was noth­ing wrong with it. haha.

Danielle

7. Just saw these from Sweet Tooth Fri­day! These look awesome!

Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner

8. These cup­cakes look divine!!

Winnie

• Thanks! That’s the per­fect word for these cupcakes!

Danielle

9. Yum Yum!!! I just found your blog on Mrs Foxs Sweets. I’ll host a party every month with a dif­fer­ent theme and would love you to join! Please visit my blog for more infor­ma­tion on “My Sweet Party” post uploaded 2nd of May.

Johanna

Me and My Sweets

• Thank you so much! I will def­i­nitely check it out! :)

Danielle

10. These cup­cakes look so deli­cious! I love choco­late and peanut but­ter together. I like using cof­fee with choco­late, because I really do feel it brings out the fla­vor more, I use it brownie recipes a lot. I love the lit­tle peanut but­ter cup on top! Thanks for shar­ing at Show­case Your Tal­ent Thurs­day. I hope to see you at the next party!

Alyssa

11. Ummm…these sound like THE per­fect cup cup­cake. ;) I can’t wait to try them!

Shatzi

12. Thanks for link­ing up to Show­case Your Tal­ent Thurs­day, you have been fea­tured! http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/05/showcase-your-talent-thursday-6.html

Alyssa

13. Won­der­ful Stuff!

Georgann Braaten

14. I love the fla­vor combo and they almost look too pretty to eat…but eat we must! Saw you linked up at Me and My Sweets!

Deb@CookingOnTheFrontBurner

15. Wow, these look oh-so-delectable! It’ll be such a chal­lenge to stop eat­ing these after just 1 cupcake!

Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious

• Thank you! It def­i­nitely will be a challenge.

Danielle

16. Hi, love the peanut but­ter frost­ing cup­cake idea. What icing ‘tip’ num­ber did you use for this thick loop to dec­o­rate them? I am going to do this for our next bakesale!

Sue