|all-purpose flour||1¼ cups|
|cocoa powder||¾ cup|
|baking soda||½ tbsp|
|baking powder||1 tsp|
|vegetable or canola oil||¼ cup|
|strong coffee||¾ cup|
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C
- In a bowl sift all the dry ingredients together: flour, sugar,cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and the salt.
- In another bowl whisk together all the liquid ingredients: eggs, buttermilk, oil, coffee, and vanilla.
- Using a mixer with the paddle attachment, put all of the sifted dry ingredients in the mixer bowl and add the liquid mixture to it. Mix on medium speed for 30 seconds. Scrape the sides of the bowl, and mix for another 30 seconds on medium high. The batter will be very wet.
- Fill the muffin tin with papers and then ¾ full with the batter.
- Bake for 15– 20 minutes, or until a toothpick has been inserted into the center of one and comes out with a dry crumb on it.
- Let cool for a minimum of 20 minutes before frosting.
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting
|butter, softened||½ cup (one stick)|
|smooth peanut butter||1 cup|
|cream cheese, softened||1 cup|
|powdered sugar||4 cups|
|heavy cream or milk||1 tbsp|
- In a mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter till smooth
- Add the softened cream cheese and beat
- Scrape the sides of the bowl
- Add the peanut butter and beat until fully incorporated
- Add in the powdered sugar until the frosting looks smooth
- Add in the cream or milk for 30 seconds on medium speed
- Frost cupcakes
And Garnish with Reeses!!!
- Showcase Your Talent Thursdays hosted by What’s Cooking Love
- Live Laugh Linky hosted by Live Laugh Rowe
- Thriving on Thursday hosted by Domesblissity
- Motivate Me Monday hosted by Keeping it Simple
- Recipe Sharing Monday hosted by Jam Hands
- Cupcake Tuesday hosted by Hossier Homemade
- Tuesday Talent Show hosted by Chef in Training
- Trick or Treat Tuesday hosted by Inside BruCrew Life
- What We Wore, Read, and Made hosted by Rae Gun Ramblings
- Mrs. Fox’s Sweet Party hosted by Mrs. Fox’s Sweets
- Sweet Treats Thursday hosted by Something Swanky
- Tastetastic Thursday hosted by A Little Nosh
- Sweet Temptations hosted by Talking Dollars and Cents
- Recipe Round Up hosted by The Real Housewives of Riverton
- Creative Thursday hosted by Michelle’s Tasty Creations
- I’m Lovin It Fridays hosted by Tidy Mom
- Sweet Tooth Friday hosted by All In Sons
- Foodie Friday hosted by Not Your Ordinary Recipes
- Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday hosted by Kitchen Fun With My 3 Sons
- The Weekly Round Up hosted by It’s A Party
- My Sweet Party hosted by Me and My Sweets